Thursday 19 January 2017

High Tide and High Time to join the Fun!

Partly because when I filmed today's video, it was a very cold, if sunny, day in Oxfordshire, my mind was thinking about warmer days and that wonderful feeling of the sun and sand really getting into your body and making you feel alive. Or is that only me?

I then remembered that we have a Team event coming up in February, at which we share project ideas, either as single items, or, if you want you can take part in a swap where you make multiple copies of the same project and swap them with others. One of the swaps I have signed up for (and it is optional) is a project using the new High Tides stamp set. I LOVE this set, it reminds me of those warm summer days I am dreaming of today. So I joined the dots and today's video is the starting point for the swap I will be doing at the Team event.

There are quite a few techniques covered in this project, including some no pressure heat embossing, how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to help with two step stamping, using masks and some brayering (is that a word?!). But don't worry, I will take you through the steps one by one, so you will see how to master each one.


I am really pleased with how the final card looks, even if it does mean I have used almost all of the stamps in the set. Unfortunately, sorting out the video was a real case of 'third time lucky' as it was not until the third attempt that I finally got it sorted properly, without the technical issues I had faced with the first two attempts.


It has ended up a bit rushed I think as I only had just enough time to do the video before an appointment, but I think we got there in the end - just as well I need a few for the Team Swap!!!


Don't forget that until the end of March 2017, for every £45 of product you buy in one order, you get to choose a FREE item from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue. BUT the really amazing way to get FREE items is to take advantage of the Starter Kit, which until the end of March 2017, includes an extra two FREE stamp sets of your choice, as well as £130 of product of your choice and free P&P, ALL for just £99. Depending on the stamps you choose, that is the equivalent of about £225 of product for JUST £99. There is no obligation to continue as a Demonstrator, to hold classes or workshops; you can just take advantage of the Demo discount, join Team events, get the free weekly newsletters and Quarterly Magazine, buy products from new Catalogues sooner than everyone else. If at the end of June you don't want to continue getting all these, then just stop being a Demo. Easy. You know you want to. Just get your product list together and click this link now:



4 comments:

  1. Just watched your fabulous video. Thank you for adding so many little tips and tricks. So many things that I thought "Now why didn't I think of that????" Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou. Thank you for your very kind comments. I love sharing what I have learned, it is why I do what I do. I hope you enjoy all my videos as much. I am beginning to get my head around how to do them, but this part of what I do is a bit of a steep learning curve!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz, I have added a link back to your post from mine. Couldn't have done it without you! https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com.au/2017/02/colour-inkspiration-03.html

    ReplyDelete